17.12.2023 – 14.01.2024
12 pm – 8 pm
6F, Kunsthalle, K11 Art & Cultural Centre, K11 MUSEA, Hong Kong
General Ticket: HK$68 / Concession Ticket: HK$35 (Only children under the age of 12, students with a valid student ID, and senior citizens over the age of 65 are eligible)
Thai artist Korakrit Arunanondchai’s expansive video installation Painting with history in a room filled with people with funny names 3, which made its first appearance in Paris in 2015 and has been included in the K11 Collection, is on view at K11 MUSEA in Hong Kong. The K11 Art Foundation works closely with the artist for this exhibition, creating an immersive experience that adapts to the exhibition space.
Painting with history in a room filled with people with funny names 3 is the fourth instalment in a series of video installations that Arunanondchai began creating in 2012. Encompassing sculpture, film, performance, and painting, the installation explores the co-existence of humans, machines, and spirits in 21st-century Bangkok, where animistic beliefs and the desire for modernisation both prevail.
The video installation comprises two parts. “The Body”, which is only visible in its entirety from a bird’s eye view, features a large yellow pond completed by various objects that hold records of the artist’s body imprint upon surfaces of paintings, figures, and videos. The second part is “The Spirit”, a video where Arunanondchai, who draws upon the idea of film as a constructed medium as a starting point, imagines a conversation between two characters: Chantri, the invisible main character in his video installation series, and the Denim Painter, a fictionalised version of himself as an artist. Voiced by the artist’s mother and embodied as a spirit and a drone camera, Chantri represents a multi-dimensional incarnation of the audience and the artist’s consciousness.
Suffused with poetic ruminations, the hybrid narrative formed within Korakrit Arunanondchai’s work enables a confluence of myriad subjects from history, geopolitics to the cultural impact of globalisation, while delving into the notion of self-representation as well as questioning one’s existence.
Early bird price
under the age of 12, students with valid student ID, and senior citizens over
TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN RESPECT OF “K11 COLLECTION SHOW: PAINTING WITH HISTORY IN A ROOM FILLED WITH PEOPLE WITH FUNNY NAMES 3—A VIDEO INSTALLATION BY KORAKRIT ARUNANONDCHAI”
1. By participating in the exhibition organised by the Organiser as set out in paragraph 2 below (the “Exhibition”), visitors are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions applicable to the Exhibition.
2. Details of the Exhibition
(1) Exhibition: K11 Collection Show: Painting with history in a room filled with people with funny names 3—A video installation by Korakrit Arunanondchai
(2) Ticketing Period: 15 November 2023 – 14 January 2024 (the “Ticketing Period”)
(3) Exhibition Period: 17 December 2023 – 14 January 2024 (the “Exhibition Period”)
(4) Exhibition Venue: 6F, Kunsthalle, K11 MUSEA (the “Exhibition Venue”)
(5) Opening Hours: 12pm – 8pm, daily (Last admission time 7:00 p.m.)(“Opening Hours”)
(6) Ticket pricing are set out as follows:-
Standard Tickets for Visitors
Concession Tickets＊(children under the age of 12, full time students with valid student ID and senior citizens over the age 65)
Early Bird Ticket Price (per person)*
15 November 2023 – 7 December 2023
Regular Ticket Price (per person)*
8 December 2023 – 14 January 2024
*For infant(s) under 36 months, free ticket(s) can be redeemed at the ticket office at the Exhibition Venue
3 Ticketing and Payment Methods
Purchase of admission tickets to the Exhibition (“Ticket(s)”) is
subject to the applicable terms and conditions of the relevant ticketing outlet
(2) Visitors are required to reserve a designated session for visiting the Exhibition when purchasing the Tickets. Time slots are limited and may be subject to change by the Organiser without prior notice. Tickets purchase will be on a first-come-first-serve basis and subject to successful payment of the applicable Ticket Price.
(3) Visitors may also purchase walk-in Tickets at the Exhibition Venue on the day they intend to visit. Walk-in Tickets are available while quantity lasts and are available for purchase on a first-come-first-served basis.
(4) The Exhibition will open to the public for free every Wednesday during the Exhibition Period.
(5) Visa Cardholders can enjoy ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’ ticket upon walk-in purchase every Thursday during the Exhibition Period. Visa Card refers to any Visa card issued worldwide. ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’ offer is available while quantity lasts and are available on a first-come-first-served basis and subject to applicable terms and conditions.
(6) Upon successful settlement of the Ticket Price, a confirmation email (“Confirmation Email”) will be sent to the email address provided by the Visitor with a unique QR Code for admission to the Exhibition (“QR Code”) or physical Ticket(s) will be issued to the Visitor (as the case may be).
(7) Each visitor may only purchase up to ten (10) Tickets at a time. One (1) QR Code per Ticket will be issued in the Confirmation Email and one (1) physical Ticket will be issued for each individual’s admission, as the case may be. Visitor(s) must enter the Exhibition on the designated session as stated in the Confirmation Email and/or relevant Tickets (“Reserved Session”).
(8) For session not available for booking, please refer to the event happenings page at k11musea.com.
(9) For any purchase of over ten (10) Tickets, please send your purchase request to email@example.com.
4 General Terms and Conditions
(1) Tickets are non-refundable,
non-transferable and not re-saleable. Confirmation Email will not be re-issued
in case of inaccurate email address or other details provided by the Visitors
and Tickets will not be re-issued in any event. Visitors are advised not to
forward the Confirmation Email or QR Code to others. Duplicated QR Codes and
defaced, damaged and/or photocopies of physical Tickets will not be accepted.
(2) Visitors are required to present the unique QR Code(s) in the Confirmation Email or physical Tickets for admission to the Exhibition (together with their accompanying guests, if applicable) and the said QR Code(s) and/or physical Tickets can only be used once at the Reserved Session.
(3) Any requests for rescheduling of the Reserved Session will not be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry by any visitors who are unable to present Confirmation Email with the valid QR Code(s) or valid physical Tickets (as the case may be).
(4) Visitors may be required to present valid ID card and/or student ID card on site for verification purposes.
(5) The Exhibition is open during the Opening Hours and last entry shall be 30 minutes (i.e. 7:30pm) before closing time of the day.
(6) Please be advised that individuals who experience claustrophobia, fear of darkness, or have concerns about their health or well-being are strongly advised not to attend the Exhibition.
(7) The artwork on display in the Exhibition contains nudity and may not be suitable for minors or may be disturbing or be offensive to some individuals. Viewer/Parental discretion is strongly advised.
(8) Except for service animals or guide dogs for persons with visual impairment, no pets or animals are allowed anywhere in the Exhibition Venue.
(9) To avoid accidents, please do not run or play inside the Exhibition Venue.
(10) To ensure safety of all persons:
admission to the Exhibition shall be subject to the prevailing social
distancing measures and requirements under the Prevention and Control of
Disease Ordinance and other relevant laws and regulations as imposed by the
Government from time to time and may be subject to crowd control measures as
imposed by the Organiser from time to time;
(ii) no eating or drinking is allowed in the Exhibition Venue and all visitors are required to wear masks at all times; and
(iii) all visitors admitted must comply with the prevailing social distancing measures and requirements under the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance and other relevant laws and regulations as imposed by the Government from time to time, the COVID-19 precautionary measures, rules and regulations of the Exhibition and the instructions given by the on-site staff and security personnel from time to time.
The Organiser reserves the right to deny admission or to request a visitor to
leave the Exhibition Venue without any refund on the Ticket purchased if the
visitor fails to comply with any rules and regulations.
(12) The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry by any person(s) whose body temperature is higher than 37.5⁰C (as indicated by the on-site temperature detector in the Exhibition Venue) or who appears to have respiratory symptoms.
(13) The Organiser may change/cancel the quota and time slots available, change the Opening Hours or suspend/terminate/cancel the Exhibition without any prior notice or compensation due to repair, maintenance, inclement weather, special events or any other reasons.
(14) Children aged 12 or below must be accompanied and supervised by an adult in the Exhibition Venue at all times. The accompanying adult shall also take responsibility for the child’s safety.
(15) If any facilities or properties in the Exhibition is damaged by any of the visitors, the relevant visitor(s) shall be liable to make compensation in respect of the damaged facilities/properties, the amount of which is to be determined solely by the Organiser.
(16) Visitors are advised to take proper care of their own personal belongings brought into the Exhibition Venue.
(17) The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained by any of the visitors, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
(18) The Organiser and/or its affiliates are entitled to take photographs of, video-tape or audio-record the Exhibition, and use such photo(s), image(s), audio(s) and video(s) (“Recordings”) in any media or format throughout the world in perpetuity (including but not limited to press releases, print advertisements, posters, leaflets, Facebook page or other social networking sites or web pages for public viewing and downloading, etc.). By attending the Exhibition, visitors acknowledge and agree that the Organiser and/or its affiliates may so use such Recordings in which they may be present, and agree that they are not entitled to remuneration or any other payment from the Organiser in respect of the Recordings or their use.
(19) Please note that the Exhibition will be closed in the event of inclement weather conditions. The below is the general arrangement for reference only. All arrangement shall be subject to the Organiser’s decision at the
|Signal(s) hoisted during Opening Hours||Signal(s) hoisted during Opening Hours||Signal(s) cancelled or lowered before 5pm||Signal(s) cancelled or lowered at or after 5pm|
|Black Rainstorm Signal||Closed||Reopen after 2 hours, if situation allows||Remain closed for the rest of the day|
|Typhoon Signal No.8 or above||Closed||Reopen after 2 hours, if situation allows||Remain closed for the rest of the day|
All information collected by the Organiser will only be used for the purpose of
registration and purchase of the Tickets and related communications with the
visitors (unless otherwise consented by the relevant individual). For details
(21) In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Organiser shall be final, conclusive and binding.
(22) The Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or any of the details, rules or regulations of the Exhibition without prior notice.
(23) In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
(24) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Issued by the Organiser (The Artizen Management Company Limited) on 15 November, 2023.